During 2020, Archdeacon Barry hosted a series of meetings to discuss and receive feedback about the Diocesan Growth Strategy.
Archdeacon Barry complied a list of Freqently Asked Questions from these meetings:
- How is our strategy developing?
- Are we creating 150 new parishes?
- Will we continue to use Healthy church resources?
- How shall we increase the diversity of our congregations?
- What is a new worshipping community or a church plant?
- What is a mission hub church, and what will they do?
- Why are Mission Hubs located where they are?
- What is the difference between St Mark’s resource church and mission hub churches?
- How will rural churches be resourced as part of this vision?
- Some of our church buildings can be a drain on resource for mission; what help and advice is available to help us re-purpose or close church buildings?
- Will the older generation be left behind by fresh or new expression of church?
- Will there be additional investment / support to help the development of Digital resource / church?
- How will we fund our growth strategy?
- What effect will this have on parish share?
Growth Strategy - FAQs