Growing Faith Coventry have launched a Facebook page and Twitter feed to support churches, schools and families during lockdown and beyond.
The Diocese of Coventry is a Growing Faith trailblazer diocese. The aim of Growing Faith is to find ways for churches, schools and families to work together in supporting the faith development of children and to celebrate and recognise their place as fellow disciples in God’s family. A group from the diocese have been working on this since last year but, now we are in lockdown, our focus has moved online.
There has been an avalanche of online resources to support children, young people, parents, teachers, children’s and youth workers, clergy and anyone else involved in the faith development and wellbeing of young people. Sometimes this can be overwhelming and we want to help. So, our Growing Faith team have set up a Facebook page and Twitter account where we will share some of the best resources we have found to save you having to sift through everything. As the diocesan website develops, we will start sharing materials there too.
Our aim is that the materials we share will be:
· High quality
· Low prep
· Clearly labelled
· Suitable for use in homes or classrooms or virtual church groups
· Easily shareable with others who might find them helpful
The materials will cover topics like:
· Worship and prayer at home/in the classroom
· Celebrating festivals and events throughout the year
· Wellbeing for children, young people and families
· RE resources to keep learning at home and at school
· Building great relationships between church, school and home