What is available?
As chief pastors, pastoral care – exercising the “Shepherd’s love” undergirds all episcopal ministry. Pastoral care of the clergy by the Bishop is expressed not only through his own personal ministry but also through those with whom he shares that care.
Bishop Christopher is committed to spending time with and supporting clergy across the diocese. Together with other members of the Bishop’s Core Staff Team, he has contact with clergy on a number of occasions, both formal and informal, in the course of a year.
The Bishop's Core Staff Team is also active in offering pastoral support in other ways and always seeks to ensure appropriate support and care for clergy in times of particular need.
Who is eligible?
How do I access it?
Under the new MDR arrangements, licensed clergy will have a one-to-one meeting with a member of the Bishop’s Core Staff Team every two years.
Furthermore, all clergy (including those not licensed) are welcome to request a meeting with a member of the Bishop’s Core Staff Team at any time. Please contact:
- Christine Camfield (PA to the Bishop of Coventry)
- Yvette McDonald (PA to the Archdeacons and Diocesan Secretary)
- Simon Taylor (Assistant to the Archdeacons)
- The Very Revd John Witcombe (Dean of Coventry)
- The Revd Esther Peers (Dean of Women's Ministry)
- The Revd Anita Morgan (Dean of Self-Supporting Ministry)
Whom do I contact for more information?
If you are unsure who is the best person to talk to, Christine Camfield will be pleased to point you in the right direction.