For some time, the Diocesan HR department have provided HR support for Lay employees to Parishes on an ad-hoc basis. We are pleased to confirm that we now have a full package of HR Support for all Parishes to access for their Lay employees. You do not have to use any of the guidance, templates or support, but it is available should you wish to.
The remit of the Parish HR Support Service is :
- To provide employment law advice by email and telephone, to Parishes in respect of the full employee lifecycle from recruitment to the end of an employment contract;
- To provide template handbooks, policies, employment contracts and other documents which can be adapted to your own Parish;
- To provide updates on employment law changes;
- To provide support when navigating difficult employee issues such as:
- Absence Management
- Performance Management
- Restructures, Redundancies and TUPE
- Other queries
Please note that unfortunately, we are unable to provide “in-person” support to assist with recruitment, disciplinaries, grievances etc. All advice, support and guidance will be given over the phone or by email. This Parish HR Support Service can provide ACAS level advice to you, however if your situation is more complex then you may be advised to contact an Employment Lawyer.
To contact the Diocesan HR Advisor Simone Smith please email ParishHR@Coventry.Anglican.org
For urgent advice telephone 02476 521381 between the hours of 10am and 2pm, Monday to Friday.
If Simone is unavailable, please leave a voicemail and she will call you back.
The provision of information and template documents are detailed in the employee lifecycle laid out below. Click on the heading for each section to go to the information that you require.