The Diocesan Church Improvements Fund provides limited funding to PCCs wishing to improve the facilities of their church buildings. The aim is to future-proof mission by making church buildings fit for 21st century mission and ministry.
What is the fund for?
The fund aims to support the cost of improving existing facilities or installing new facilities such as toilets, kitchen or servery facilities or even the provision of running water in order to enable and enhance mission and ministry. The fund is also aimed at supporting the initial stage of projects and can contribute towards planning or professional fees.
Many churches in the diocese do not have a toilet or basic kitchen facilities, which can be seen as hindering mission and growth, and inhibiting people from feeling welcomed in their visit.
Applications to the Church Improvements Fund will be considered from any parish specifically for projects designed to improve their facilities. Parishes may apply for a grant up to £5000.
How to apply
Proposals should be submitted on the CIF Application form. Applications will be considered twice a year by the Diocesan Mission Fund Committee. Closing dates for applications are 31st March and 31st August respectively for the April and September meetings of the DMF Committee.
What are the criteria?
- Applications must demonstrate how any improvement of facilities will develop and grow mission and ministry
- Up to 75% of the costs of improvements can be covered by the grant and evidence is required of other funds being raised or monies being used from PCC reserves
- Grants will only be made where parish share has been paid in full for the previous two years and are subject to an understanding that future parish shares will be paid in full. (Exceptions to this will require fuller consideration)
- Applicants must demonstrate how the proposed improvement/s will support at least one of the strategic priorities of the Diocese (as outlined in the application form) and the PCCs Healthy Church Action Plan.
- All grants will be conditional on the PCC having secured any relevant faculty approval.
Want to find out more?
If you have any questions or want to discuss your ideas, and whether they will qualify for a grant, please get in touch for advice. Please contact Sue, the secretary to the Church Improvements Fund at firstname.lastname@example.org.