Social Justice in the Diocese of Coventry is rooted in kingdom values and vision and a priority commitment to the poor and disadvantaged. Coventry Diocese works closely with church and secular partners.
In light of this priority areas have been divided into the following:
- Support parishes in transforming their communities, especially where those parishes are located in areas of relative deprivation.
- Build inter-faith links and strengthen community relations more widely. Work toward greater equality and uphold human rights.
- Care for the most marginal and needy people, especially asylum seekers, refugees and migrant workers in this diocese.
- Address environment and sustainability issues, especially Climate Change.
- Consider older people and their needs.
- Increase the number of visitors to churches, church halls and centres.
- Provide pastoral support for those in employment through WORKCARE.
The position of Director for Social Responsibility is currently vacant.